Introducing Everly Rose...


Introducing our darling baby girl, Everly Rose, born on Friday 20th November at 8.07pm, weighing 8lbs 3oz.

- - -

After writing my 40 week pregnancy update, and going along to our last OB appointment where we booked an induction for the following week, Everly decided she didn't want to wait any longer and arrived right on her due date! It was an intense and traumatic 2 hour labour which only just saw me giving birth in a delivery room, after being rushed from triage where I'd started pushing shortly after arriving at the hospital. It was a frantic and frightening experience - far from what I had envisioned her birth to be, but I'm slowly coming to terms with it, and although her fast entrance into the world may have been a shock, we are so relieved she arrived safely and healthy.

We have fallen in love with her tufts of dark silky hair, her delicate long fingers, the dimple in her right cheek and her softs mews and murmurings. Henry simply adores her and has been so gentle and loving, softly stroking her head and asking to cuddle her, which causes him to shriek with delight! We're so happy to have Everly home with us, and I feel so blessed to have a newborn to cherish again. I can't wait to discover who she becomes...





Labels: , ,