28 Weeks Pregnancy Update


This week marks the beginning of the third trimester, which is new territory for me and something which I am so grateful for. One of my pregnancy apps informs me I have 82 days to go, which doesn't sound long at all! This week has been filled with appointments - a glucose tolerance test, (which was just a formality as it's usually reserved for women with a high BMI, but necessary for me as my dad has type 2 diabetes), a blood test, an anti-D injection, the whooping cough vaccine, a scan and a midwife appointment. Overall, lot of needles, but I can't complain as it's nowhere near the amount I was subjected to in my last pregnancy and they all routine, rather than being needed due to complications.

Our consultant treated us to another 4D scan of our little one, where we were lucky enough to get an amazingly clear picture of our baby's face, where we saw cute chubby cheeks and plump lips! If all goes well, we should only be having two more scans, and then we will be seeing our baby in real life! The baby is now head down, which probably accounts for the kicks I've been feeling much higher up. Strange to have little feet poking my ribs! According to my baby books, at 28 weeks they measure around 37cm from head to toe, and from the scan, our little one is estimated to weigh 2lbs 13oz. My bump circumference in now 40", and after weeks of being on the cusp, my belly button finally popped out!

Over the past few weeks, Matt and I have cleared out one of our spare bedrooms in preparation for turning it into a nursery. The floor had become a large mass of indistinguishable clothes as tidying has been low on our list of priorities since last November, so it felt good to sort through everything and get organised. We're hoping to move to a bigger house next year, so we'll be painting the room a neutral colour rather than something gender specific, and adding touches of colour with accessories. We're currently favouring a light grey, but there don't seem to be too many options to choose from, so if you have any recommendations, do let me know!


My Pregnancy Diary

- - -
- - -
- - -
- - -
- - -
- - -






Labels: , , , ,