25 Weeks Pregnancy Update


25 weeks already. This pregnancy has raced by so far, much to my relief, and I'm now further along than I ever was with William and NoahMy bump is now almost the same size as it was when I went into labour with our twins, but I've needed to buy some new maternity clothes as I'm pregnant in a completely different season, so I've been enjoying dresses and t-shirts rather than long sleeved tops and oversized jumpers!

I have now passed all my milestones from my twin pregnancy - 12 weeks when we discovered when there was no amniotic fluid left around Noah, 20 weeks when my waters broke around William, and 23+2 when I gave birth to our baby boys. At this point, PPROM, which led to their premature birth, is no longer such a concern, so that at least is some comfort and our anxiety has lessened somewhat.

We've been seeing our consultant every 2 weeks for scans and monitoring, but now I'm past 24 weeks, we'll only be seeing her every 4 weeks until we feel comfortable enough not to have anymore. After eight scans I'll miss not seeing our little one so often. Our consultant has treated us to a 4D scan on three occasions now, which has been a magical experience. It is so amazing to see all the facial features so clearly, and watch our baby yawning and waving their little hands about. 

I've been feeling kicks from 17 weeks but they're getting stronger each week - enough to knock things off my tummy if I'm resting anything there! Sometimes little bubba has a very energetic kicking session, other times it's slow rolls and stretches which is a more strange sensation. Lately I've been enjoying playing music to the baby, after I bought Hayley Westenra's Hushabye album a few weeks ago. The first few times I played it were emotional as I thought of William and Noah and how I never got to sing lullabies to them, but they're beautiful songs and I love listening to them. It would be a very soothing selection to play during feeds and before bedtime.

Our excitement has started to grow as we realise there's a very real possibility we'll be taking this baby home. Last week we tentatively bought a few items for the baby, which was a special moment for us to enjoy. We were going to wait until 30 weeks, but I realised whether we buy things now, or wait until late into the third trimester, our baby could still die, and buying baby paraphernalia won't effect the outcome. I know it's not unusual for some women to have bought a whole host of baby items and have even got started on the nursery before the 20 week anomaly scan, let alone waiting to reach viability at 24 weeks. It must be lovely to feel so certain you will be taking home a healthy baby. But speaking to other bereaved mothers I know it's normal to hold off on buying things, so I'm glad we've finally been able embrace this part earlier than I expected.

Lastly, we're thinking of signing up for some NCT antenatal classes. Not so much for the information part, as I've already experienced labour and birth, but to meet some other couples in our area as we don't know anyone else with babies and we've heard good things about long lasting friendships developing. Do let me know if you've joined the NCT and whether you found it worthwhile.


My Pregnancy Diary

- - -
- - -
- - -
- - -
- - -
- - -


Follow on Bloglovin   

TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | FACEBOOK | PINTEREST

Labels: , , , , ,