Palmer's Cocoa Butter Natural Bronze Body Lotion




I thought I should dedicate a post to my current favourite beauty product...Palmer's Natural Bronze Body Lotion. As I have incredibly fair skin, I'm always on the quest for the perfect fake tan. My natural complexion means that in order to achieve the colour most people are naturally, I need to fake tan, so I look for an ultra deep and dark fake tan which me allows me to achieve this with just one application.

I have tried a multitude of fake tans... St Tropez, Xen Tan, Vita Liberata and Garnier and to name a few - and none of them have left a lasting impression. L'Oreal Sublime Bronze had been a favourite, delivering the colour I coveted, but it had it's disadvantages - being full of shimmer, having a scent that stung my eyes and remaining sticky for a good while afterwards. Then last week I tried Palmer's Natural Bronze Body Lotion and I think it may have just exceeded all others and taken the crown of favourite fake tan, with a price tag of just £5.35. 

Palmer's Natural Bronze is a light lotion formula which absorbs quickly and leaves my skin soft and silky thanks to the cocoa butter which moisturises skin. There's no colour guide, so I don't need to be ultra cautious about what clothes I put on afterwards, and I can still open the door to the postman without shocking him! The scent is pleasant, with my husband commenting on how good I smelled (I usually get the - 'you smell dirty/like a biscuit' when I apply fake tan!) and it isn't at all sticky or heavy on my skin.

I left this on overnight to work its magic and I was surprised the next morning when I washed off the tan and a lovely golden colour remained. Considering Palmer's Natural Bronze is marketed as a gradual tan, I was impressed to find it had given me such a gorgeous tint in just one application. To really put it to the test, I applied it again the following day and I was pleased to discover it had given me the natural sun-kissed tan I've always coveted, as if I'd just returned from holiday. This will be perfect for use in the summer when I need a boost of colour before I get my legs out! 

Palmer's Cocoa Butter Natural Bronze definitely has my vote when it comes to ease of use and the natural colour achieved. Keep a look out in Boots for offers, I bought two of these bottles when they were recently half price.

Palmer's Cocoa Butter Natural Bronze is priced at £5.35 and is available to buy from Boots and Superdrug

What is your favourite fake tan?

Labels: , ,