Life Lately - Bakewell

Firstly, thank you all so much to the kind people behind the hundreds of comments, tweets and emails I've received since I wrote my last post. Some of you also shared your personal stories of similar experiences, it helped me know I'm not alone. Your love and support has really touched both myself and Matt, it means so much to us to be in your thoughts and prayers. 

Last Friday we attended William and Noah's funeral along with our families. It was a heartbreaking moment stepping into a hearse which held our babies in a tiny white casket, so surreal and so wrong. Although plenty of tears were shed and it was such a sad occasion, we had a lovely service for our boys and it was the perfect goodbye. We've visited their grave a few times since and it has brought some peace knowing they're at rest together alongside other babies who were taken too soon.

After the funeral we planned a few days away together in Bakewell, a small village in the Peak District. We stayed in Glendon Guest House, a beautiful three story house where we enjoyed a cosy four-poster bed and fluffy pillows for some much needed rest and relaxation. As expected, Bakewell was filled with charming stores, bursting with shabby chic decor and quaint furniture. We also took a trip to Chatsworth House which had been decorated for Christmas and featured lavish tributes to family favourite pantomimes such as Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella and Peter Pan, which I'll be sharing with you in another post.

I'm going to try and get back into the swing of blogging regularly, it provides some momentary light relief from the darkness and brings some sense of normality back into my life. At some point I may also write about my pregnancy and birth experience, I feel it would be a cathartic process.

But for now, here's some pictures from our time in Bakewell...




Labels: , ,