A Shabby Chic Kitchen









Kitchens are an ideal place to experiment with the shabby chic look. I'm dreaming of the day we have a huge family kitchen with cream units and wooden counters, a belfast sink and windows overlooking the garden, but until we move to a larger house in the country (we're hoping towards the end of the year!), we're making do in our smallish kitchen. 

I've loved filling the space with small details and shabby chic paraphernalia which has added a feminine touch to an otherwise masculine area. The welsh dresser is the main feature (you can read about how I renovated it here) which I've adorned with trinkets and china. The latest addition to our kitchen is the side table which we bought from eBay. It's the perfect way to display photo frames and it's now home to a lot of decorative elements which were used at our wedding. The beautiful shelf unit which sits above it was a wonderful wedding present from my Aunty and it suits the kitchen perfectly. We filled the six frames with some of the detail shots from our wedding and the drawers provide a handy solution to all the knick knacks which kitchens seem to acquire.

The Laura Ashley memo board was a gift from my mum (who shares my appreciation for anything shabby chic!) - I love the delicate lace-like detail around the edge. I adorned it with Live, Love, Laugh magnets, made by Sass & Belle but bought on eBay for a lower cost. We had a wish tree at our wedding so as a reminder of the day I added a couple of the tags and as a finishing touch, popped up some photo's from our pre-wedding shoot which I edited with Poladroid for a retro look.


A shabby chic kitchen isn't complete without a retro fridge and one of the first purchases we made when we bought the house two years ago was a Smeg Fridge. They're available in a range of beautiful pastel shades but we settled for a soft green which compliments the walls nicely. It makes cooking a lot more enjoyable!


Follow on Bloglovin   





Labels: , , ,